Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sunflower Bloomin' Tuesday

Not all of my experiments with planting flowers from seeds have been a failure. A few have actually done fairly well considering how hot it has been. The sunflowers I planted are just starting to bloom.






And I have to show my Brugmansia bloom just ready to pop! This will be the very first bloom of the year! I am so ready to smell heaven on my front porch!

Happy Bloomin' Tuesday!
To see what is blooming in gardens around the world please visit Ms "Green Thumb" Jeans.

12 comments:

Suzanne said...

Beautiful sunflower photos with the sun shining behind them. Really pretty!

Teri C said...

This flower is just gorgeous!!

HBT!

Carla said...

My sunflowers didn't do well (actually didn't do at all) this year, so here I sit drooling over yours:)
How exciting to have a bloom on your Brugmansia!!! (mine from last year died:( Enjoy it for me:)

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Beautiful Blooms! The Sunflower is gorgeous! Have a great day!!

Sherrie
http://mygardeningwoes.blogspot.com/2009/06/bloom-n-tuesday.html

Elena said...

Love the sunflowers. I have planted a few seeds and some have come up. It will be a while before they bloom!

Jean said...

The colors of your sunflowers are amazing! Just perfect! I've got some that might even flower this year. I'm just not good with seeds. I don't know what a Brugmansia is so I'm anxious to see it. Jean

Sue said...

All my sunflowers I've planted from small plants are thriving, but my seeds haven't come up yet. I haven't given up hope yet!

Sue

Laurie and Chris said...

Graet pictures of your sunflower. I love the color.

Darla said...

I think I planted those same Sunflowers!

~~Rhonda said...

The sunflowers are beautiful! ~~Rhonda

Outside In said...

Wow, what a beautiful color. My friends from Tucson came to our house for a visit about a week ago, I think it will be our turn next year to come up there.

Diane C. said...

I used to get volunteer sunflowers in my yard, the kind with many small blooms. They haven't come up this year. I should have planted some seeds like you did. Great colors!