Sunday, August 1, 2010

Good-bye to July!

As another month ends I pause and wonder at what I did and what matters....did I dig enough holes? Did I smell enough flowers, and watch enough birds? I know I didn't weed enough! Did I play enough fetch and get enough Pie? Did I smile enough, laugh enough, give enough? Is the month ever long enough?




My garden being taken over by Watermelon vines!

The sunflower that grew and grew and grew...


Morning Glory vine going crazy- but no blooms yet!


Grape vine on top  of the trellis

Pomegranate growing up!
Happy August! Cherish Everyday!

8 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

I love your pics...I can't believe is here and gone!!

Claude said...

it seems the older I get, the quicker time flies by... unless I'm at work, then it drags on and on and on...

Beautiful shots... I need to get out in the garden here...

Nancy in Sun Lakes AZ said...

I love all your plants Dee! I think the little bit cooler in Tucson makes a difference and plants bloom more in July. Here the heat shuts them down mostly. I think the heart shaped morning glory vine is wonderful. It has grown so much since your last picture of it.

Julie said...

Happy August gardening!

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

Dee your photos are wonderful! Love the watermelon vines all over. Did you get a lot of watermelons? And that sunflower got sooooo tall! Amazing, and I love the shot of the flower against the sky. Still a good month of summer weather left. Yeah!

PAK ART said...

I don't know if you got everything done you wanted in July, but you certainly produced a plethora of beautiful plants and flowers! They are just beautiful. I would want to sit on a bench and sip ice tea in your yard.

kesslerdee said...

Thanks for all your comments! I think it is cooler here Nancy, but that also works against me in the winter when we dip down to freezing a bit oftener than you. I haven't got ANY watermelons yet, just a crazy vine that is growing up the fence and over into the neighbors oleander now. Lots of flowers and 3 kinds of watermelon so hopefully melons are coming. The sunflower was just a seed the birds missed- it just kept growing!

Deb said...

love your photos....Happy August...