Thursday, July 3, 2008

Here we go again!
























This cactus really amazes me! This is the same one that started me blogging - Here is the original picture of the six blooms. That was about a month ago, and there are two new blooms again today. This cactus was in a neglected part of the yard, when I bought my home, planted in a clay swan pot, with very little dirt. I moved it up with my other assorted plants and added dirt and started to give it water and I've had one bloom after another- it just never seems to tire! The cactus has also been growing at amazing speeds. In the first picture you can see all the newer green shoots off the older dull colored main part of the cactus. Those appendages just started growing this year, and they are about 9 inches long! There is a tiny flower bud starting on one of the new appendages which will be a first as all previous blooms have come from the original sections. I am going to have to replant this guy soon I think, as he must be outgrowing that pot. I am scared to touch it though, as it does so well in the current conditions!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee!
Beautiful photos. Yes, Mexican Hat will grow in the SW, I live in Northern New Mexico. :) They grow a little TOO well out here lol!

Meadowview Thymes said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your cactus. Cactus and
succulants are favorites of mine. They do well here in Texas.
I love your blog!