Sunday, May 17, 2009

Balloons for the garden!

I bought this little "balloon flower (Platycodon grandiflorus)" last October, after seeing one on another blog. It bloomed last fall and then completely died back over the winter. When it started growing this Spring, at first I thought it was a weed, not even remembering the little plant that had grown in that place, until the first buds started and then my memory kicked in. It has done well, and the first bud opened up the other day.







I haven't been around the blog world much this last week, as my newest grandchild was born yesterday, May 16th. I have pictures posted on my Pie Blog- see the link in my sidebar if you want to see his sweet pictures.

7 comments:

Claude said...

Congradulations on the new addition to your family!

And the balloon flowers are fun little plants too...

Deb said...

pretty flower...congrats on new grand baby....gonna go take a peek right now...

Deborah Godin said...

What a sweet post! There's something about the new baby and that little bud finally opening that just seem to go together. Congratulations!

Nancy in Sun Lakes AZ said...

Congratulations to all Dee! 2 girls and now 2 boys--a matching set!
I like the balloon flower. I might try one myself.

Diane AZ said...

Congratulations on your new grandson, great pictures! Balloon flower looks pretty.

Julie said...

Love how you got pics of it as it was about to burst forth...it is a stunningly sweet flower, isn't it??? I'm glad it reminded you it was still there! LOL :)

kesslerdee said...

Your so right Deborah! I didn't think about it when I did the post but that balloon bud did sort've develop in the same fashion as a pregant belly :)