Sunday, May 10, 2009

Saguaro blooms

Click the pictures to see them close-up

I visited my favorite Saguaro early yesterday morning- about 6 AM, before the night blooming flowers closed up for the day. I wasn't the only one up early to get close to those flowers- the bees had beat me there and were enjoying an early breakfast. I wish I were 10 feet tall and could take pictures that show the yellow centers of these amazing flowers.. Or maybe I could ask the neighbor if I could stand on her house.....ahhhh no...probably not.

5 comments:

Deborah Godin said...

I've heard of getting 'up with the birds' but not the bees. They're very cool shots - glad you didn't risk a limb to get them!

Raph G. Neckmann said...

With my long neck and height I'd be able to take the photos of the flowers for you, Dee! The only problem is how to travel all that distance from here.

Saguaros are so fantastic - those are beautiful photos.

soulbrush said...

wow fellow cactuteer these are wonderful happy cactus monday.there's an award for you on my blog.

Diane AZ said...

There appears to be no shortage of bees this year, and they sure know a good thing when they see it. Beautiful blossoms!

Valeriannah said...

It would be cool if your camera had some sort of remote capture trigger on it. Then you could attach it to a long pole to get the tippy top shots.
Almost all of the other Canon digital camera's have some sort of remote capture capability....except mine...arrgh.