Monday, March 29, 2010

Silver torch and Lace cactus blooms

 I took my Silver Torch Cactus (Cleistocactus strausii) out of their pots, and planted them in the big area. They will get a little afternoon shade from the big prickly pear.  I love their odd looking blooms. Can't wait to see them grow tall.

My new little Lace Cactus opened up its first bloom this weekend.  What a beauty!

She bloomed early in the day and then closed up by early afternoon.


Happy Cactus Monday!
To see the best cactus themed artwork and photography in the bloggy world please visit Teri's Painted Daisies.

5 comments:

marianne said...

What gifts the desert hads in store for you!
Great pictures, so sunny as such gorgeous blooms!

HCM!

Teri said...

Oh my gosh, that is the strangest looking cactus! I have never seen one like that. Thanks so much for showing us. I want to see more of this one.

Love that bloom!

HCM!!

Leslie said...

Gorgeous blossom!

Unknown said...

Lovely photos. Nice furry ones :) and wonderful pink. Happy Cactus Monday

Julie said...

Lovely...that top cactus really does have strange long, skinny, pink blooms! I hope you will show when they open up, for sure!!! Happy Cactus Monday!!!