Sunday, August 2, 2009

I've got a new neighbor-and hoping for more!

Remember the house next door to me that was foreclosed and for sale? Well I have good news to report- it has been sold and I have a new neighbor! They haven't really taken notice of the yard yet, but I've cut them some slack. It took me close to 3 years before I discovered the wonderful world waiting for me outside my front door!
The little neighborhood I live in has two other homes for sale. This first house for sale has been nicely maintained, and like my home still has the original design intact with the floor to ceiling windows in the front, the original inset brick work on the front of the house, and the original carport design. This house and mine look much like these houses looked when this neighborhood was built back in the early 60s. I've learned they sold for around $7000 back then. Can you imagine?

It comes with mature Saguaro and Cyprus trees and an interesting hedge design. I think its carved into the street number of the house.
The second house for sale has a big foreclosure sign out front, much like the one next door to me did. This house has seen some major changes over the years and retains nothing of the original design, at least from the outside.

I hope both houses find buyers soon.

1 comment:

NotSoAngryRedHead said...

Wow, I can't imagine having a cactus like that. I'd buy the house for the cactus alone. lol Here's hoping they sell quick and to cool new owners.